Sunday, October 10, 2010

Warriors, Report for Battle!

Today is the Warrior Dash! A bunch of us are driving an hour into PA to run a 3.15 mile course set up with 13 obstacles... everything from climbing a wooden barricade to manuvering over cargo nets to crawling under barbed wire. Basically I'm terrified. I'm going with the group of friends that sends out the "let's do the Baltimore Marathon Relay!" or "Going for a run at 9am if anyone wants to join!" emails that I promptly delete. In the spirit of joining in on one of these "running" events I decided to actually sign up for this one. I mean, I won't actually have to run 3.15 miles straight... I get breaks to, um, climb over large stacks of hay. What was I thinking...
I'm guessing mine is going to be more of a Warrior Slight Jog than a Warrior Dash.

2 comments:

  1. ... mixed in with a little Warrior Walk. :-)

    My first race of the year is next weekend - 6K (3.87 miles). There is a 100% chance I'll stop to walk for parts of it, and I'm ok with that!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete