Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Budgets

Following the "Live like a student now" theme, Matt put together a budget and subsequent spreadsheets that will help us follow that budget. We are going to be "proactive" as opposed to "reactive."
Then he printed them in color and put them on the refrigerator. And apparently they will be updated, printed and re-posted on the fridge each Tuesday. Ladies, if you can, marry a financial planner. And if you can't, you can borrow mine for the day. He'll make you nice spreadsheets to keep your spending under control.

5 comments:

  1. Oooo His spredsheets look fancier than mine! I never make pretty graphs, I just look at the data in a pivot table.... Might have to copy him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the letting me borrow him thing... can I??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have NEVER seen anything like this before! Matt cracks me up, but hey, if it works that is going to be great. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...Matt is really good at the budget thing...can he teach Kevin???

    ReplyDelete
  5. good to know I'm not the only one who over-spends my budget. I think having one is the first and most important step... sticking to it every month, well that's just not realistic :-P

    ReplyDelete