Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Guess You'll Do

As I prepare to start this new adventure, I'm reflecting on where I am in life and how I got here. My husband had me watch this youtube video, "I Guess You'll Do," on our second date. I didn't know it then, but he's incredibly good at making people feel awkward. I did not know at all how to react and I distinctly remember thinking, "Is he already thinking this is us? Wow, that's a little much. We just met."

Fastforward....
I just sent him this email:

Subject line: "Where we are in life"

We have:

1. gone to concerts
2. gone to movies
3. had a fight and made up
4. lived together for a year
5. gone to a memorial day bbq with our parents
6. gotten married (and I was the center of attention, and looked skinny in my dress)

So far we haven't:

1. gone camping
2. taken pictures of us camping
3. bought a house with a semi-finished basement
4. had children (and acted as the first pregnant person ever)
5. moved into a larger house and build a deck
6. gotten any dogs
7. gone to myrtle beach or orlando
8. moved into a condo and retired
9. discussed photos of our unremarkable grandchildren
10. died

4 comments:

  1. wow....i'd say that's FULL ON! and it made me chuckle snidely too....oOoOo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I didnt realize he made you watch that on your 2nd date!!! That's intense! He's so lucky that you stuck around long enough to realize how much you love him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so depressing! They forgot to mention drinking helps the monotonous, boring existence - JK - but it makes the empty nest more fun....

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too Funny ...i was cracking up!- I showed Kev that video and his response was "Please don't ever stop talking about the house" ....So I guess I know where he stands on the whole "lets have kids" discussion haha -

    ReplyDelete