Monday, July 26, 2010

Moving (back) to the Dark Side

It's official, we are moving to Fells Point! After spending my first three years in Baltimore only a few blocks from the Patterson Park Pagoda, near the Daily Grind (which is now Fells Grind for some reason!) and a stones throw from Safeway, I spent the last year living with my hubby in his house in Federal Hill. It was a wonderful year full of walks to Fort McHenry, sand volleyball at Rash Field, and most importantly pretty much next door to many of our friends and the social scene that comes with "my 30 closest friends in Baltimore." For example, we were able to walk to and from the going away party for a spectacular friend this past Saturday. Needless to say, it is going to be a big adjustment living 12 minutes away.

However, I can't wait to get moved in and settled into our new apartment! I'm looking forward to being 0.7 miles from school, shopping at Safeway again, and starting our married life in a new place. Although we've lived together for over a year, there's something about looking for a place together, visualizing how our furniture and kitchen gadgets will fit in the new space, and physically moving to our own apartment that really makes me feel more "married."

This year we might be able to hit up:

Fell's Point Films on the Pier - Wednesdays in July and August
Butcher’s Hill Flea Market - September 11, 2010

Baltimore Parade of Lighted Boats - December 4, 2010

Unfortunately, many festivals and activities have passed for 2010, but will come around again: Polish Festival, FestAfrica, Ukrainian Festival, Russian Festival
From what I've heard, med school demands much of your time and energy. I'm super excited to be living so close to the campus that I won't waste time commuting (those extra 12 minutes will be precious I'm sure!) and I'm absolutely excited to set up our second bedroom as an "office" for dedicated study space. The apartment is brand new and our office is a bright room with 3 windows and a "clean" feeling that I tend to need when studying. I really think this move will help set me up for success in the weeks, months and years to come as a med student.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the blog to keep tabs on your life, but I feel guilty when you post big life events (like moving to a new place) and I havent talked to you in person to hear about it!

    I'll try to call you soon to catch up, work is crazy this week and my mom & dad are coming this weekend, so next week at the LATEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darkside for life.

    So glad you are blogging. It'll be so nice to keep up with you this way.

    ReplyDelete