Saturday, April 30, 2011

White Coats

Thursday night was our White Coat Ceremony! Usually med schools have this rite of passage event at the beginning of the first year, but I loved the fact that we celebrated this occasion at the end of our first year - after taking the time to get to know our classmates. I was genuinely happy to see everyone walk across the stage to get cloaked by their individual advisor (and Clinical Foundations of Medicine leader).

The class of 2014 put together a dynamite program, complete with an original poem, violinists and a pianist, an acapella song, a slideshow of pictures from the year and 5 or 6 dance numbers. (I'm trying to locate the video of the dances.)


White Coat Slideshow

The icing on the cake was the presence of my family. Matt, my parents, sisters, brother in law, and Matt's parents came to support me and got to see how wonderfully inspirational my classmates are as well as my mentors. It's always nice for your family to have a glimpse into your world. Stay tuned for a picture or two.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment