Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring Break!

After my hematology/oncology (blood/cancer) exam a few Fridays ago, Matt and I took off for South Carolina to visit my best friend Kristen and her boyfriend! The 9 hour drive was mostly uneventful, but it was nice to not have anything to think about for a week. (I did have a summer research project proposal, a case write up and a scholarship application to complete over spring break, but I fit those things in here and there. No big deal.)

Kristen bought all the ingredients to make a Lebanese feast! We made tabbouleh, kibbeh, and hummus, and bought delicious pita bread and grape leaves. Amazing. We also went mini-golfing, to a honky-tonk bar (mostly to listen to the band and people watch) and enjoyed the company of two great friends! (Kristen - we LOVE your boy! He has such a great sense of humor, he's thoughtful and fun, and he likes to play trivial pursuit. He's a keeper!)

On the way back to Baltimore we stopped for a night in Chapel Hill, NC to check out the real estate. Seriously. We went into realtors offices and had them highlight neighborhoods that we might like in Chapel Hill, Cary, Durham, and Raleigh. I really love driving around with Matt planning our next move in life - and it makes me so happy that we are on the same page about these kinds of things. :)

The final weekend of spring break was spent babysitting our niece, Jules, and carpooling with Bridget and Mike (and Jules and Tucker) to Olean for Mal's birthday. I love being back in Olean with the whole family just as much as my parent's love having us all back under one roof! What a relaxing and much needed break.

No comments:

Post a Comment