Friday, March 11, 2011

Chocolate Fat Tuesday

The most wonderful day of the year! (and I couldn't resist skipping school to get a taste at the 24th annual Chocolate Fat Tuesday!)

This is the Empire State Building. Made of chocolate. With a few thousand white Hershey's chocolate squares as windows. Now look a
t the top - a solid chocolate King Kong. And it's hard to see, but there is a mechanical airplane circling him.

My dad's creativity is amazing.

Matt and I jumped back in the car at 5pm on Monday, and
made it to Olean by 10:30 -just in time to help Dad pull out all of his chocolate treasures: the chocolate train, candy jars, chocolate champagne, chocolate covered football, a 7 tier chocolate wedding cake, a giant copper bowl full of melted chocolate to dip strawberries and pineapples, a chocolate waterfall to send oreos and marshmallows through, a chocolate dolphin spouting chocolate sauce... and more chocolate cakes, pies, tortes and desserts you could ever sample.450 people enjoyed the feast of chocolate at The Old Library - I wonder how many then gave it up for Lent...













Well done Mom and Dad :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this. Joe Marra is too good for Olean, NY. :-) But Olean NY is lucky to have him!

    I almost wrote about Chocolate Fat Tuesday in my maid of honor speech... I was going to say something along the lines of "when she took me to my first Chocolate Fat Tuesday in 7th grade, I knew this would be the beginning of a lifelong friendship." haha

    I'm glad you got to enjoy it. Someday I hope to live close enough to just "drive" to Olean and then I'll meet you there at 10:30pm to unload the chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! It was sooooo wonderful to see you and Matt- what a great surprise! You took wonderful pictures, we enjoyed. I love ya!

    ReplyDelete