Thursday, March 3, 2011

Borrowing from others

I've come across several interesting articles or stories lately. Some were emailed to me, some showed up on my Facebook News Feed. I hope people don't mind that I use their links for this post.

The article
Girls and Boys Together in The Opinion Pages of The New York Times discusses "the first report on the status of American women since the one Eleanor Roosevelt prepared for John F. Kennedy." Here is the link to the report: Women in America: Indicators of Social and Economic Well- Being

One of my favorite teachers sent me this link, pointing out that although not everyone likes Jon Stewart, it's nice to see him defending teachers: Jon Stewart Critiques Wisconsin's 'Class Warfare' in The Huffington Post

And finally: Cut Teach for America funding and we'll be closer to flunking the future in the Opinions section of The Washington Post. Don't get me started.

No comments:

Post a Comment