Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Unplug

Matt just sent me this article: What happens when mom unplugs teens for 6 months?

So, I obviously received the article through email, read the article online, and am reflecting on it on a blog. There are also conveniently placed buttons to "f share" (which I guess means on Facebook), retweet, and email the article both at the beginning and at the end of the page. Makes me laugh.

Last night Matt and I looked at each other around 7:30 and asked, "So what do you want to do?" We actually don't have TV. Not even the basic channels 2, 4 and 6. (And we were already up to date on our hulu shows... but that's another story!) Basically, I love not having TV! I read for pleasure probably 2-3 nights per week (Atul Gawande's books Better and Complications are MUCH more interesting now that I've started school), getting a RedBox movie is a treat on the weekends, and last night we spent an hour talking about our favorite restaurants around Baltimore.

I'm not by any means unplugged... but that little break from what I guess is "reality" is really valued and highly suggested.

No comments:

Post a Comment