Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Dia de los Muertos

Today we finally honored the contributions of the donors that so selflessly gave their bodies. Some of my classmates put together a wonderful celebration that allowed us to reflect on death, healing and learning. A few people read poems, there was a violin performance, and two of my classmates sang The Only Exception by Paramore. I was truly touched by the offers of others, and finally had the opportunity and venue to say "Thank you" to the person I got to know so well. A moment of silence gave us the opportunity to write down a reflection and drop it in a bowl of water on a Dia de los Muertos altar.


Thank you for being the most amazing teacher, for letting me discover the details, and for giving me a completely new appreciation for life and the role of a physician.

2 comments:

  1. wow- how touching and beautiful . Thank you for sharing your experience. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most thoughtful teaching I have ever heard of. It also makes me happy since I actually knew what that meant in spanish :)

    ReplyDelete